As a Career Counselor I now meet with students who act similarly to how I acted way back when. I am always so excited about this because they have a chance to do better than I did! And it is simple... but you have to start.
- Think of a couple of things that you like. Kids? Sports? Animals?
- Go here to find a couple of student organization to research; join one or two that reflect your interests.
- Volunteer - you may love what you are doing, but if you hate your experience, you just ruled something out!
- Get a part-time job or an internship related to your interests. As you dive deeper into your interest is it still something you want to do?
- Ask people about their jobs and their career paths. You will probably be surprised to find out that most people do not follow a straight path from their major to their career.