Thursday, August 13, 2009

Your Career Services Center Director

We thought it would be a good idea for you all to get to know the MU Career Services staff better. I'll give you a brief background with some other tidbits.


I was born and raised in Nebraska (Go Big Red!) I received my B.A. from a small private school, Nebraska Wesleyan University and my M.Ed., from the University of Maine.


I have been a career services professional since the fall of 1994 (were you students born yet?). I have worked in college career centers in Maine, Ohio, Illinois, Iowa, and at Marquette since January 2002.


I love the work I do as it is such a privilege to hear the very private career dreams and goals that students and alumni have. Empowering students to pursue these career goals is a passion of mine. My job also gives me a good mix of working one-on-one with students in individual appointments, teaching a classroom of students in career planning or job search classes, presenting in front of large groups, and planning cutting-edge events for students.

I am so fortunate to have found my dream career. I can't imagine doing anything else.


Personally I am about to embark on what I anticipate to be the greatest adventure of my life so far. I am expecting the birth of my first child, a little baby boy on August 19. I know my life will be turned upside down and I look forward to the joyful surprises ahead.


I live in a little yellow house with my cat Lily. I love pizza, am getting used to not having cable., enjoy good fiction, watching an involved movie, and perusing women's magazines in my backyard garden.


I'll be out of the office learning how to be a good, patient mother until November 12. Until then, happy careers!

No comments:

Post a Comment