Wednesday, August 26, 2009

20 Things About Me...



Name: Bethany

Nickname: "B"

How old is the picture above?: 4 years old

Job: Career Counselor at Marquette University's Career Services Center

Main Duties: Supervise Career Interns and Graduate Assistants, meet with students regarding their career path, create cute marketing materials, plan Salad Wednesdays, critique resumes on MU Career Manager, and sometimes teach a job search strategies course (ARSC 1050)

Past positions held at CSC: Office Associate, Graduate Assistant, Member of Party Planning Committee

Degrees: Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology from MU & Master of Arts Degree in Counseling from MU

Favorite CSC Event of the Year: Open House in September! (And yes I do coordinate it...and yes it is awesome...and no you don't leave without at least getting some free food and giveaways)

Beverage of Choice: Hello, my name is Bethany and I am a diet coke addict...

Traveled outside of the U.S.?: Mexico and it's a long story...

Favorite Season: Winter (don't judge me!)

Wish all students knew: You don't have to know what you want to do with the rest of your life...TODAY

Wish I would have known when I was in school at MU: Go to classes!, join more organizations and participate in events, and what you plan on going to school for isn't necessarily what you will enjoy most

Best thing about the CSC: The people! We are willing to help students and alumni succeed and have amazing student workers and interns to also help.

Most excited for in the 2009-2010 school year: I'm having my first baby in November! (although 3 others have had a baby recently...so not big news around here!)

Biggest lesson I've learned from meeting with MU students: Each path is different, each personality is unique, and each person is inspiring in some way

Favorite item in my office: (besides the Dwight bobblehead) I love our new student giveaways for this year - fancy business card holders!

Liaison to which college: College of Communication (which if I HAD to go back to school, I would also major in Communication Studies)

Something NEW I'm in charge of this year: e-news!!! You will be seeing videos in this year's e-news...probably more of us than you want to see!

What I'm most excited about today?: Students are moving back in...Love that time of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment