Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Writer's Block

Okay, if you are anything like me - you HATE developing those professional emails to "network" with those in my field. In an attempt to help myself (along with ALL of you) - I developed some templates I hope will be helpful.

Love Linkedin like me? - Here is a great template:

Dear Name:

I am currently a [year in school] at Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin studying [Major/Minor]. I’m graduating this May and looking to start my career in the (be specific) field and am looking to connect with professionals in [State] for networking purposes. I have past experiences with [list broad experiences]. Your [specifc] background on Linkedin is very intriguing. I was wondering if you would be willing to answer some questions I have about the (specific) field or offer any advice to someone in my situation.

Any suggestions you have would be appreciated.

Name (signature)

Marquette University, May 2009 Graduate
[List college]

This template can be used for any type of correspondence so save it as a word document and tweak it for various types of emails.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment