Monday, March 9, 2009

Making Bad Days Better

Let's face it, we all have bad days. It's easy to get discouraged and feel a lot of anxiety about the job search. Just about the only thing that clears my head these days is running. One of many reasons I'm training for a marathon is because the hours of running help me channel my energy (otherwise known as stress) into something positive. But training for a marathon is not for everyone. Instead, I suggest you to find your own outlet for stress, something positive to focus on when you just can't seem to find a smile. Maybe blogging?

One thing I did today was pull out old letters of recommendation that I had saved from previous job searches. Those letters reminded me that I do have something good to offer and there are a lot of people out there that want to see me succeed. Remembering your past achievements can help remind you to focus on the future success that is ahead of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment