And no they don't mean your ability to do the downward facing dog!
Employers are seeking candidates across all majors who can slide into a variety of positions as needed or can adapt quickly to changing conditions; a mix of technical and soft skills.Companies are repositioning themselves for more Internet business and seek candidates with acumen in this area.
- Web 2.0 is BIG BIG BIG.
- Employers are just beginning to tap into this marketing tool.
- I know YOU know how to tweet, blog, post, etc.... let employers know too.
What you can do:
- Include your social media skills on your resume. List examples of appropriate, entrepreneurial-like uses of social media.
- Think in terms of how organizations might better use these tools to spread the word, to make money, to find more customers...
- Got a great business idea? Pitch it to everyone you know. Ask them who they might know who might be interested.
- Here is a great example and inspiration...
Tweet tweet! Laura