Tuesday, April 6, 2010

April showers bring...

...knowledgeable and interesting professionals into the Career Services Center.

April in our office is all about Celebrating YOUR Career. There is no better way for us to celebrate careers in our office than bring in the professionals who are working in those careers every day. Therefore, throughout April, we have developed six panels to bring you the true, uncut and uncensored stories about careers and life after Marquette from those in the field. During these hour long panels we will provide one or two questions to start the conversation, but the rest of the questions are up to you, the audience. If you can’t stay for the entire hour, stop by and absorb the advice that your schedule allows.

Not convinced that a panel is going to be beneficial for you? I’ll admit it. As a senior graduating in May with a full-time position lined up, I had my doubts about attending a panel as well. However, when I attended my first panel, the African-American Career Professionals Power Lunch, in February I was astounded at how relevant all of the material was to my career development. I found myself fully engaged as a listener, absorbing the advice of these professionals. Not only did I learn things to apply to my career, but during the panel there was also direct mention from every panelist of internships they had available. Listening to the panel, I couldn’t help by imagine how things would have been different during my college career if I had attended one of these panels earlier in my college career.

It was not a fluke that my first experience was so beneficial. During the second panel I attended, the Diverse Women Leaders Power Lunch, I gained advice on how to maintain a work-life balance. These tips have been extremely helpful for me this semester with my work-life-school balance. I can’t imagine how they will be helpful in the future with whatever life throws my direction.

Bottom line:

Freshmen, sophomores, juniors, seniors, alums and faculty: THESE PANELS HAVE SOMETHING OF VALUE FOR Y-O-U!



April Panels

Communication Panel
Monday, April 12; 12:00-1:00pm
Career Services Center Seminar Room, Holthusen Hall, 1st Floor

Life After Marquette Panel
Monday, April 12; 4:00-6:00pm
Career Services Center Seminar Room, Holthusen Hall, 1st Floor

Technical Panel
Tuesday, April 13; 12:00-1:00pm
Career Services Center Seminar Room, Holthusen Hall, 1st Floor

Health Sciences Panel
Wednesday, April 14; 12:00-1:00pm
Career Services Center Seminar Room, Holthusen Hall, 1st Floor

Government Panel
Thursday, April 15; 12:00-1:00pm
Career Services Center Seminar Room, Holthusen Hall, 1st Floor

Power Lunch: Asian/Pacific Islander Professionals
Tuesday, April 28; 12:00-1:00pm
AMU 163

No comments:

Post a Comment