Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I thought I had heard it all!

True story:

2009 graduate of a top ten university interviews for an investment banking position in Connecticut. It is his second interview with this firm. After a one-hour interview, the recruiter says that he believes the candidate is a good fit and he will pass his name and info along to his manager. But before he proceeds he asks a very common question...

"Do you have any questions before we move to the next step?" asked the recruiter.

"No; I don't think I do." The candidate looks down at the desk between him and the recruiter where his padfolio and cell phone are resting and says, " Mom? Do you have any questions?"

THE MOTHER WAS ON SPEAKER PHONE THE WHOLE TIME!

I could list twenty reasons why this is an appalling story. I'll spare you my rant.

You can do this on your own. After having sought support, coaching, and all of the other resources available to you, you must interview and get a job on your own. You can do it! And if you need a little help... you know where to find us!

No comments:

Post a Comment